An open window —
Words flash by, diving, soaring.
My ink captures them.
Now for the "thanks". Liz and Dana started Poetry Thursday in February 2006, and the end of August brings the site's close. (A new poetry site/online community is in the works, so stay tuned...) I want to thank them for so many things:
- for creating a strong, thriving poetry community in Blogville
- for loving poetry with passion and for sharing it so openly
- for giving us a gift every week with their Thursday call for poetry-related posts
- for inspiring and creating momentum in our poetry and prose
- for connecting so many of us globally
I could go on, but this list captures their generous, wordy, bold essences. Here's to you, Liz and Dana, Goddesses of Poetry, with much admiration.
Thanks, also (of course), to all fellow Poetry Thursday community members. I've so enjoyed reading your poems, recommendations, observations, and your comments on my posts. It's been a supreme pleasure getting to know so many of you a bit, and I look forward to our future meetings here, on your blogs, and at new online poetry communities, getting ready to sprout. Cheers.